Senior Solution Architect Energy Business Unit
3:30 PM Workshop O: Leveraging SCADA, IoT, Analytics and People to Drive Higher Asset Performance and Operational Efficiency
How will the digital revolution impact your approach to OE? Plant management, control through sensors and data collection is not a new concept and SCADA systems have been around for many years so what’s all the fuss around the IOT and Machine Learning? Where is the real value for me in OE in the use of these technologies? In this workshop you will learn:
1. the technology trends and identify where technologies such as IoT and Analytics (comparative, predictive and prescriptive) can be utilized to improve OE.
2. the characteristics of a good candidate project for application of these technologies from a technical and business perspective, taking into account cost, complexity, risk and ROI
3. how different telecom networking strategies impact the business case
4. the steps to getting started: the preliminary information that needs to be collected, stakeholders who need to be onboard and committed for success, a timeline and plan that will increase the probability of success.
5. what to do after the first project: It’s often the case where a successful small project doesn’t scale well within an organization. Knowing how to make these projects repeatable is an important part of successful technology and process adoption and
results in lower cost, more consistency in the quality of delivery and more predictable delivery times.
6. existing technology investments: Learn how to make the most of what you already have: it doesn’t always make sense to ‘rip and replace’ infrastructure and software that’s already in place and carrying out a function for the company. How to determine what should stay, what needs to go and how to align the changes in your current technology landscape to the new projects and technologies that you are onboarding.
7. how to capture the knowledge from the experts in your organization in a way that is reusable and repeatable. Move towards SOP incrementally while minimizing disruption to your business.