Global Risk Manager
11:30 AM Understanding the connection between culture and safety, environmental and financial performance
• What’s the link between culture, reliability and Operational Excellence?
• With so much volatility and risk in hazardous industries today – what impact can culture change can have on safety performance? environmental performance? compliance? financial performance?
• Where should the responsibility for changing culture sit in an organization?
• Can you measure organizational culture?
• Where do you start when it comes to changing culture?
1:00 PM Reducing Contractor Safety Risk: Promoting transparency, clear communication, and safe operations
• Reducing the Operational Excellence “disconnect” between suppliers and operators
• Monitoring contractor performance
- contractor health and safety audits
- spot checks and incident reports
- near miss and hazard reporting
• End-to End process discipline strategies to minimize risk
• Successfully modelling system wide risk management and scenario planning processes
• Defining which process belongs to each party
• Overcoming the challenges of executing OE in company-contractor relationships
• What to do when you find gaps with supplier continuous improvement efforts
• Rewarding contractors for strong commitment and performance
• Meeting supplier’s expectations for a mutually beneficial relationship