1:15 PM Workshop J: Lean in Operational Excellence: Building a world-class Lean Excellence organization
These are interesting times. Increasing cost pressure and a far greater risk profile means everyone – from the CEO to your frontline workers - is required to do more, often with much less. Individual change initiatives are often projects with steering committees that rarely result in long term, sustainable improvements. Many of these challenges are rooted in organizational behavior. Meeting production targets while keeping risk levels low requires an understanding of these behaviors to ensure that you can successfully get everyone in the organization working smarter.
This hands on workshop will show you how to engage the organization from top to bottom, changing the way people think and behave to deliver far better outcomes for the business.
In this dynamic session participants will learn how to:
• Turn strategy into action: converting leadership objectives into deliverable outcomes
• Understand ‘what good looks like’ and what it really means to operate in a Lean environment
• Discuss different methods and approaches to implementation (including typical causes of failure and how to avoid them)
• Engage the workforce to ensure success in delivering strategic outcomes
• Define the resource requirements needed for successful Lean Transformation
Participants can expect to leave with a deeper understanding of how to use Lean Thinking as a way to execute your OE strategy. There will be the opportunity to consider a structured model for implementation, and identify ways to tailor that structure to your own organization. The workshop will be relevant to people at all stages of transformation and will help them you decide where to go next and how to structure your approach.